Sunday, May 22, 2011

Band of the day

Its late today (got stuck on the morning shift at work), but the band of the day today is the now defunct Edna's Goldfish, one of the biggest ska bands to come from Long Island. The group was together from 1997 to 2000 and their song Veronica Sawyer managed to bring the band some mainstream recognition. Singer Brian Diaz went on to form The Reunion Show with ex-members of Step Lively and The Lightweights. Trombonist Ian McKenzie continued to play with Catch 22. Bass player Kris Baldwin did some session work for Epic Records and then recorded and played with Action Action. So thats some Long Island ska for you guys =)

33 comments:

  1. The lead singer just pulls you into it, powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great song, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice song, i like SKA, we have good groups here in Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice share about ska, thanks ^^ i love the music

    I have followed your blog..Could you follow mine too please?

    Join my Money Loving Blog Hop for your Blog!

    Sky Stock Analysis Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great music! im gonna keep up with them along with your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good bio on the band. Didn't know they played in so many bands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my cup of tea on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the song, used to listen to a lot of ska when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet song! I always like hearing some older Ska stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just leaving to work, already late but why should i care if its hour or two :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't really like that song, but nice blog overall. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this the trumpet is spot on and that SNARE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tune! And please link something from Mark Foggo the next days! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why is it that when I find something that I could get into, it is defunct? :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you have time you can lisen to The Valkyrians. Cool finnish band :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feel's Like I Should Grow Wings And Fly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude this song is great, you just got me into another band!

    ReplyDelete